Practical & Creative Ways to Use Hydrosols
- First Aid/Wound Care: Lavender and Helichrysum hydrosols are a wonderful way to clean cuts, scrapes, wounds, and soothe sunburnt skin.
- For soothing itchy and inflamed skin conditions: Apply Lavender, Cucumber, Helichrysum and Rose hydrosols to the irritated area.
- Skin Toners: To use as a nourishing & skin healing toner, spritz onto face after cleansing.
Dry Skin: Lavender, Cucumber water, Helichrysum, Geranium, Rose & Chamomile
Oily Skin: Lavender, Rose, Geranium, Tulsi Basil, Neroli
Combination Skin: Rose, Neroli
- For cooling relief from hot flashes: Spritz Geranium, Rose, or Cucumber water over the face and chest.
- After washing & conditioning hair: Use Tulsi Basil, Geranium or Lavender hydrosol as a hair rinse for added nourishing and moisturizing benefits.
- For clearing a sacred space: Tulsi Basil hydrosol can be used as a spray to energetically clear your home, work, self, etc.
- Add to lotion recipes: Replace the water part of a lotion recipe with your favorite hydrosol for added therapeutic benefits and a lovely scent.
- To gently deter insects on animals: Spray Lavender and Rose Geranium hydrosols onto coat.
- Clean with hydrosols: The antibacterial properties of Lavender and Tulsi hydrosol can be utilized to freshen up and disinfect yoga mats, massage tables, counter tops, stove tops, carpets, and more.
- To calm fussy babies, soothe eczema, or unwind after a long day: Add Chamomile, Rose, Geranium, Lavender and Neroli hydrosols to a bath.
- To help set makeup: Use any hydrosol as a facial spray before or after applying foundation, blush, bronzer, etc.
- Create a toning facial mask by adding hydrosols that complement your skin type to a favorite clay base, then apply mixture as you would a facial mask.
- To encourage sleep and dreamtime, combine or spray single hydrosols such as Neroli, Rose, Lavender, and Chamomile on pillows, sheets or yourself.