How to Prepare and Apply Body Art Henna
How to Prepare Body Art Henna
- Take 2 Tbsp (approx. 1 ounce) of Body art henna and place in a metal mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of sugar and mix well.
- Warm about ¼ cup of lemon juice and slowly add it to your henna powder. Mix well until it is the consistency of play dough/ mashed potatoes.
- Cover your bowl and let it sit for 4-12 hours.
- Add 1-1.5 tsp of essential oil. This will help to achieve a darker stain on the skin. The best essential oils for body art henna include Tea Tree, Lavender, Geranium, Ravensara & Eucalyptus. Cover and let sit for another 8-12 hours.
- Test your henna paste periodically by placing a bit of paste onto your palm and let it sit for 1 minute. Remove paste by washing it off. Check to see if you have a bright pumpkin orange stain indicating that it is ready to use.
- Add more lemon juice (not warmed up) a little at a time and mix well. Do this until it is the consistency of toothpaste.
- Your henna paste is now ready for use!
How to Apply Body Art Henna
- Apply henna with a cone or bottle onto clean skin and allow it to dry.
- Once dry, swab or dab with a lemon-sugar mix. (To prepare the lemon-sugar mix: Warm ¼ cup of lemon juice and add 3 tsp of sugar. Mix well.)
- Once dry, wrap you design in toilet paper, cloth or use a sealant.
- Allow it to stay on the skin for 4-6 hours or overnight for best results.
- Remove with olive oil or just scrape it off.
- Avoid contact with water for 8-24 hours to ensure a beautiful stain.